Monday, October 20, 2014



It’s more fun in Camiguin Island


After hours and hours of travel, I’m here, at last. Wheeew, what a trip! But my decision to take the ‘slow’ travel, that is, by boat and by bus, proved to be really worthwhile. The views, the sceneries, the experiences at each pier and terminal --- they are all priceless.
            Now I’m actually walking on the island, the volcanic island, said to have 7 volcanoes in the island! And I only have less than 48 hours to stay and enjoy in the island. First, I need to go and see the place where I will stay. It is a seaside resort located just a few kilometers west of the capital town of Mambajao. It is a simple room, made from local materials yet very cozy and comfortable. The cool fresh breeze and natural light naturally abound in my room.
            My major itinerary in my 48 hours stay is to visit the entire island, including the 2 nearby islets, White Island and Mantigue Island. I must experience both the cold and hot springs/falls, plus the nearby sandy and rocky beaches. Of course, I must visit too the historical places/ruins all around the island. Together with that, I need to taste as well the foods of the island, and everything that the island has to offer with respect to culinary. I’m sure going around would be easy, as based on the people’s friendly, warm, accommodating and hospitable treatment.
            As I leave the island after my 48 hours of stay, I will be bringing with me loads and loads of fun-filled memories. Memories that will be forever treasured, and will always beckon me to come and visit Camiguin Island again, and again, and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment