Friday, October 17, 2014

Common Scenario of Collegiates

     Room of isolation. Dark.Cool. Scattered books on the floor, trash bins overloaded with scratch papers, gadgets with drained batteries, headache. This is what I called - College Life!

     The fume of final examination tickles my nose. Sending message to my brain, "Be ready, the start of stressful days are approaching". Goodbye professors. Goodbye classmates for a while. Hello requirements. Hello stress. Hello zero balanced wallets.

     Murmuring at the hallway, I was abashed when I caught someone took pictures on me. Trying not to let my anger burst out, I hurriedly chased him. Luckily, I succeeded. Upon asking what was his intention why he took pictures , he motioned me to come close to him. Puzzled, I reluctantly follow at his command.

     Eager to know his agenda, I immediately grabbed his phone and began exploring on the gallery tab. It then caught my attention, it was a series of pictures with different grumpy faces of college students, handling with them a piece of paper, probably clearance slips. My face which I guess, would be as red as apple as I began to realize my actions earlier for I was just so carried away by my anger. Facing him, I smile sheepishly and silently hoping that he would read my thoughts. He in turn smiled amuse at me as he saw my reaction.

     Trying to let go out of this awkward situation, I ask him what was his intention on his action. He then replied, that it was just his ploy to see if what would collegiate like me do before semester ends. He stressed that he was once part of this awful scenario. Begging professors to sign their clearance slips.  Doing school requirements. Pass exams, and luckily got high grades. He in turn, asks me why was I grumbling earlier.

     I obligedly respond and told him that I was pre-occupied by my thoughts on how to manage my time. I was overloaded with lots of paperwork  and requirements, plus extreme pointers for the upcoming examination, that unknowingly I was then murmuring. He let out a chuckle while tapping my shoulder.

     "Count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. So then faith and patience will result to completeness and blessings", he said while leaving me confused. I shouted what was that all about, and as his respond, he turned his head back and genuinely smile at me while he bade for a  goodbye.

     I know this would relate to everyone. Seeking for your college professors, begging them to sign your majestic clearance slips, plus the outnumbered requirements -- research papers, oral defense, compilation of paperwork, debates, and worst of all, understanding mathematicians logic. For about 19 hours by now, would be the start of our final examination. What do you expect for us college students? Well, its simple, were on a TEAMWORK.

No comments:

Post a Comment