Friday, October 10, 2014

Island’s Hidden Cascades

A six kilometer trek to Northwest of Catarman leads to the 25 meters high rapid waterfall that entails a very scenic hike passing thru the quaint barrio of Mainit. The falls can be tapped as a mini hydro source of power.
I was once again amazed by Mother Nature, to see this majestic falls. I observed it has strong and powerful water current that urges the water to flow fast. This majestic fall is surrounded by different types of plants and trees. It has a rocky trail but we never minded it as long as we would take closer to this magnificent falls. It was nerve wrecking as I go deeper and closer to the falls, it was so rocky and you have to step up high to the big rocks and hold on tight to the roots of the trees. It was dangerous but at the same it was fun. You have to be careful and watch your step closely, because once you fall off the rock you’re going to end up in the hospital. I was very careful and being watchful so you have to be strong and hold on to the roots, just like Tarzan. After those nerve wrecking attempts, phew, at last, I’ve made it. I’ve seen it in my own eyes the ever beautiful and extra ordinary Tuasan falls. It was so amazing to see it closely and I’m getting goose bumps all over. It has a rainbow; the water is cold and very refreshing. Every one is having fun swimming and taking pictures. After awhile we pack our things up and ready to go.
Tuasan falls is truly magnificent and its beauty is one of a kind. But the problem is, it is not well developed. Government should impose and developed this natural site so that more tourists would be attracted to go there and see this Natural wanders. It’s ashamed that it was under developed and the government didn’t impose certain project to the natural resources.

The adventure had been so memorable to me, I’ve seen and experienced a lot of things, amazing sceneries and adventures and most of all the special bond of happiness and fun moments that I won’t forget for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment